The former world number one golfer is scheduled to make his competitive return after nine months injured at the Hero World Challenge from 30 November.
By SportBrief Reporter
14-time major champion Tiger Woods, who has been battling injuries after having had four back operations in the past three years, will make his highly anticipated return to competitive golf next month at the Hero World Challenge.
The 41-year old has not featured in any competitions since withdrawing from February’s Dubai Desert Classic with an injury.
The 18-man event, which is apparently hosted by the American in the Bahamas, is an unofficial money event on the PGA Tour. And Woods has expressed optimism ahead of his scheduled return on his social media twitter account.
“I’d like to thank the committee of one for picking myself to play,” wrote Woods.
The veteran golf player has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons off the golf course, having been sentenced to a year’s probation on Friday, after pleading guilty to reckless driving in May.
The American, who won the last of his major titles in 2008, had back fusion surgery in April and last month said he may never return to competitive golf, however his agent said earlier in October that he had been cleared to resume playing.
The Hero World Challenge features the world’s top four players, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Justin Thomas, plus England’s Justin Rose and Tommy Fleetwood.