Breaking: ZIFA nullifies Epoupa Red Card Decision

In a move that is likely to receive sharp criticisms from football lovers across the country, local football motherboard ZIFA, has shockingly shot down the decision by referee Arnold Ncube to slap Dynamos marksman, Christian Epoupa Ntouba with a red card for head butting Highlanders player Peter Muduhwa during the closing stages of Sunday’s Premiership soccer match at Rufaro.

By Sportbrief Reporter

DeMbare forward Ntouba was given his marching orders by referee Arnold Ncube three minutes before full-time when he was given a straight red card for head-butting defender Muduhwa as the players were preparing to take their lines before a Dynamos set-piece was taken.

Barely 24 hours after the incident, the local football governing board has shot down the decision, “The Zimbabwe football Association Referees Committee has rescinded the 87th minute sending off of Christian Joel Epoupa Ntouba during a Castle Lager Premier Soccer league match between Dynamos and Highlanders at Rufaro Stadium on 10 September 2017. ZIFA president and Referees Committee Chairperson, Dr Phillip Chiyangwa announced the decision following extensive deliberations with members of the referees’ committee and several important football stakeholders.We will not issue any further statement at this stage,” reads the statement.

The Cameroonian, who was already frustrated after he appeared to be a target from Bosso players, had to retaliate and his action landed him in problems.

Ntouba found the opener in the opening minute when he headed into the nets from Ocean Mushure’s free-kick from the right.

While, Dynamos dominated the first half, in which Ocean Mushure came close with a downward header three minutes into the match, the visitors refuse to be cowed into the submission as they continuously carved out some good chances.

Brian Sibanda’s speculative shot went wide on 13 minutes, while Gabriel Nyoni was denied by Tonderai Mateyaunga after breaching the Dynamos defence.

Dynamos though, had Peace Makaha to thank after he rushed to clear the lines after Godfrey Mukambi was left for dead by Gabriel Nyoni at the stroke of the first half.

In the second half, Highlanders were the better side, launching wave after wave of attack in their opponents goal and Godfrey Makaruse was booked for simulation.

However, Highlanders were level on 60 minutes, Phiri finding some pocket of space before firing a low ground shot that beat Mateyaunga.

The match ended 1 all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *