Match Report: Bosso, Dembare Through To The Uhuru Cup Final

Harare giants Dynamos finally remembered how to beat cross town rivals Makepekepe after dumping their neighbors by a 0-1 margin to book a date with Bosso in the Independence Cup final slated for Tuesday.

A 75th minute strike by Ocean Mushure from a freekick was all Dynamos needed to bring an end to CAPS United’s dominance over the former.

The match started on a high note with Takunda Sadiki and Quality Kangadzi terrorizing the Makepekepe rear guard though shy at goal.

The first real chance for the Glamour Boys came in the 10th minute when speedy Denver Mukamba twisted and turned Justice Jangano in the box before releasing the ball to on coming Emmanuel Mandiranga but the latter could no do justice to the effort.

4 minutes later, Makepekepe regrouped and Devon Chafa set up well positioned Bhamusi who squared it to Tafadzwa Rusike but the upright was there to deny a lead for the Green Machine with Tonderai Mateyaunga a well beaten man.

With less than 10 minutes to half time, Phenias Bhamusi was fouled inside the box and referee Thabani Bhamala pointed to the spot.

Ronald Pfumbidzai took charge of the spot kick but could not find the back of the net as his effort crushed against the woodwork with no one tapping in the rebound.

The score line stood up halftime.


Second half resumed with United pressing for an opener but Musarurwa missed an empty net that was easier to score than to sky high.


10 minutes into second half, United were reduced down to 10 men after defender Valentine Musarurwa was given a straight red card for an unsporting challenge on young Quality Kangadzi.

Taking advantage of their numerical supremacy, the Glamour Boys started firing from all angles with Valentine Ndaba and Wisdom Mutasa roaming without any boundaries in the Makepekepe half.

With a little bit of luck, Takunda Sadiki could have opened the scoring account but his effort was not spared by the upright.

On the 75th minute, Dennis Dauda’s clumsy challenge on substitute Wisdom Mutasa awarded Dembare a free kick just outside the box.

Dead ball specialist Ocean Mushure up stepped and placed it beyond the reach of Jorum Muchambo, in goals for Makepekepe, putting Dembare on the driving seat.

The match restarted and United pressed for an equalizer but it proved elusive.

3 minutes were added as injury time but the damage had already been done.

It ended CAPS United 0-1 Dynamos.



But it is their victory over their long time adversaries that will be good news to Dynamos fans who had endured the frustration of watching their team failing to beat Caps United since last season.



Dynamos were also defeated in the ZNA charity shield but on Sunday coach Lloyd Mutasa heaved a huge sigh of relief.  The Green Machine will now battle for third and fourth place against FC Platinum on Tuesday-Independence day.



At Babourfields Stadium, 90 minutes of football action could not produce a winner nor a goal after FC Platinum held Bosso to a nil all draw leaving the match at the mercy of spilling to the penalty lottery.


Highlanders scored through Ralph Matema, Peter Muduwa, Prince Dube and Allan Gahadzikwa. Simon Munawa missed the target.


FC Platinum consoled through Stima, Elvis and Murima. Muduviwa and Masuku could not find the target.



The final of the Uhuru Cup pitting Dynamos and Highlanders is slated for Tuesday at the National Sports Stadium whilst FC Platinum and CAPS United will battle it out at Babourfields stadium for the third and fourth place playoff.


Winners of the 2017 edition of the Independence Cup will walk away $15 000 richer.


$10 000, $6 000 and $4 000 will be shared among the runners up, 3rd and 4th place respectively.



The Editor

Sportbrief, The Home Of Exclusive Sport For Feedback, send your an email to:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *