Zim, Cuba sign Sport MOU

CUBA – The Minister of Sport and Recreation, Makhosini Hlongwane has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with his Cuban counterpart Antonio E. Becali Garrido, who is the president of the National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation (INDER).

The MOU, signed between the two ministries in Havana,Cuba on Tuesday is aimed to ensure co-operation in the field of sport including exchange of information related to sport and recreation medicine, sport and recreation research and development. The exchange of information on sport technology, doping control, high performance and general sports techniques is also expected to ensure corporation between the two ministries.
The agreement also calls for exchange of experts in the field of sport which is expectes to go a long way in furthering the development of sport and recreation in Zimbabwe.

During the two day visit to Cuba, Hlongwane also had the opportunity to visit Cuba’s Sports Medicine Institute, the National Volleyball School and the Centre for Scientific Research of Cuban Sports.
It is hoped the Republic of Zimbabwe is expected to develop its sport medicine industry, engage in research and development in sport and recreation learning from the Republic of Cuba’s experiences.
A Cuban company has also agreed to invest in the production of a Cuban developed sports energy drink in Zimbabwe for the African market under this agreement.

“The signing of this MOU is expected to further cement government’s commitment to organising the sport and recreation sector for employment creation and industrial development,” said Hlongwane.

Becali Garrido described the signing of this agreement as historic.

The signing ceremony was attended by INDER’s board of directors, Cuban Sporting legends most of whom are multiple gold medallists the olympics and the ambassador of the Republic of Zimbabwe to the Republic of Cuba ,His Excellency Ignatius Mudzimba.

Yudinance Chihuri, Legal Officer at the Ministry of Sport and Recreation also attended the ceremony.

Tongai Mwenje

Tongai Mwenje is a Senior Editor with Zimbabwe's largest online sports magazine Sportbrief www.sportbrief.co.zw. He has been writing professionally since 2012 and currently writes for technology and sport blogs. He has vast experience in digital marketing, sports reporting and analysis. He is also a Sports and Technology columnist with Financial Gazette Online Sports Column and Technology Magazine respectively.

13 thoughts on “Zim, Cuba sign Sport MOU

• October 6, 2016 at 20:09

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you
    once again.

• October 13, 2016 at 01:53

When I originally commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time
    a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    There has to be an easy method you can remove me from that service?

Cheers!

• October 13, 2016 at 20:23

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore
    he/she needs to be available that in detail, thus that
    thing is maintained over here.

• October 18, 2016 at 17:34

First off I would like to say awesome blog! I had
    a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
    I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out.
    I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying to figure out how
    to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Thank you!

• October 20, 2016 at 21:57

Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice
    of colors!

• October 22, 2016 at 03:26

Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I
    can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating
    my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas
    or suggestions? With thanks

• October 22, 2016 at 10:20

Hello! I realize this is sort of off-topic
    but I had to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a
    massive amount work? I am completely new to running a blog however I do write in my diary everyday.
    I’d like to start a blog so I can share my experience and thoughts online.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips
    for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

• October 24, 2016 at 19:48

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or
    blog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I
    ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this
    information So i’m happy to express that I have a
    very excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed.
    I such a lot no doubt will make certain to don’t disregard this website and provides it a look on a continuing basis.

• October 29, 2016 at 11:22

Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much about this,
    like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe
    that you can do with some percent to power the message
    home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog.
    A great read. I’ll definitely be back.

• November 4, 2016 at 04:25

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after looking at some of the articles
    I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m certainly
    pleased I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!

• November 8, 2016 at 04:26

It’s remarkable in favor of me to have a site, which is valuable in support of my experience.
    thanks admin