Caps-Triangle Minute to Minute Update

In a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League played at the National Sports Stadium, Caps United failed to utilize home advantage to collect maximum points but rather settled for a goalless draw. The match started on a low tempo with the home team failing to settle whilst the visitors were a more determined side with their first real chance coming in the 4th minute through a Nelson Meson attack but Jorum Muchambo was equal to the task.

Causemore Gadeni 

Triangle almost opened the scoring account capitalizing on a defensive blunder by Justice Jangano but Makatuka kept Gaki at bay, alleviating the danger out of the box. In the 15th minute, Joel Ngodzo roasted his markers leaving them for dead setting up Dpminic Chungwa but the later could have done better.

The ball continued to swing from end to end with Abbas Amidu being involved in most cases but he failed to justify his hard work. With only a few minutes before half time, Josta took matters into his own hands beating two defenders to set up winger Phineas Bhamusi but the later was hacked down just outside the box to award the hosts a free kick.

Ngodzo stepped up but could not direct the dead ball into the nets and the referee of the day blew his whistle to signify the end of the opening half, with no changes on the score board. Second half resumed and no changes were made by both teams.

United became a more determined side showing hunger for success but the striking duo of Chungwa and Tsipa took turns to miss the target. 20 minutes in the second half, Lloyd Chitembwe relegated Amidu to the bench in preference of Simba Nhivi, but the move didn’t have an impact on the score board.

With about 10 minutes to full time, Tsipa was sacrificed, and Machisi was introduced. It took the individual brilliance of Machisi after Bhamusi delivered a beauty inside the box, the former connected very well but was left cursing the football gods after his spectacular effort crushed against the woodwork.

Action continued and United continued to pile pressure but the seperator was elusive. Joel Ngodzo was at it again in the final minute after beating his marker delivering a cross to Nhivi, but Nhivi directed his effort way wide, a chance that was easier to score than to miss.
The referee of the day finally blew his whistle of mark the end of the match.




Tongai Mwenje

Tongai Mwenje is a Senior Editor with Zimbabwe's largest online sports magazine Sportbrief He has been writing professionally since 2012 and currently writes for technology and sport blogs. He has vast experience in digital marketing, sports reporting and analysis. He is also a Sports and Technology columnist with Financial Gazette Online Sports Column and Technology Magazine respectively.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *