Today we want talk about the ZIFA president, Cuthbert Dube, his profile with regards to what he has achieved so far in the business world against what he is currently doing as the president of our football motherboard, ZIFA.
Let’s look at the professional portfolio of a man who is at the helm of Zimbabwe football, Dr. C.E Dube. He is the former group C.E.O of Premier Service Medical Aid and Premier Service Medical Investments (Pvt) Ltd. Dube hold a master’s degree in Business Administration and a doctorate in Business administration.
Before he joined PSMAS, he was the first black person to be appointed Chief accountant of Shell Zimbabwe. Over the years Dr. Dube has been recognized both nationally and internationally through the conferment of the following prestigious awards.
1. Manager of the Year Award from the Zimbabwe Institute of Management in 2002.
2. Second-runner up to Manager of the Decade from the Zimbabwe Institute of management (2003).
3. Gold medal award for excellence in Business practice from a Geneva based Institute in 2004
4. Businessman of the Year Award conferred on him by the National Chamber of Commerce in Zimbabwe (2006).
5. International Quality Award (Gold Category) from Business Initiative Directors, New York, USA (2008).
6. International Gold Award for quality and business prestige form a berlin based institute (Germany) in 2009.
7. International star for quality award form a Geneva based Institiute (Switezerland) 2010
8. Global Award for perfection, Quality and Ideal Performance conferred on him in Berlin, Germany (2010).
9. Majestic Five Continents Award for Quality and Excellence conferred on him in Rome, Italy in 2011.
10. Diamond Award conferred on him on 28 May 2012 in New York, United States of America.
The significance of all these awards are reflected by the fact that Dr. Dube took over an organization with 100 000 members, and it now stands at membership of well over 630 000. The organization continued growing while going through the economic hardships the country went through right up to dollarization.
Dr. Dube also sits on and chairs the following boards;
1. West End Hospital Pvt LTD, Chairman
2. Claybank Private Hospital Pvt LTD, Chairman
3. Shashi Private Hospital Pvt LTD, Chairman
4. PSMI Medical and Dental Clinics Pvt LTD, Chairman
5. PSMI Pharmaceuticals Pvt LTD, Chairman
6. Healthshield Medical Services Zambia Pvt LTD, Chairman
7. Zimbabwe Brain Tumor Association Chairman
8. Premier Service Medical Aid Society Zambia Pvt LTD, Chairmna
9. PSMI Clinical Laboratories Chairman
10. Goombridge Residents Association Chairman
11. Jongwe Printing and Publishing Co. Pvt LTD Chairman
12. The People’s voice newspaper chairman
13. Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation Chairman
14. Zimbabwe Football Association president
15. Surbaban Medical Centre Board Member
16. Simon Vengai Muzenda Scholarship Foundation Treasurer
17. Jairos Jiri Association of the Disabled Patron
18. Harare Union of Journalists Patron
19. Confederation of Africa Football Committee member
20. FIFA Committee member
He sponsors a football tournament for both men and women, dedicated to the memory of his late wife, Slyvia. Now with this decorated professional portfolio, what might be the cause of his failure in the football business? Is it because the football business is too big for him or is just sabotaging our beautiful game of football? We want to hear your contributions and the way forward to restore the image of our game.
Let’s start rolling…